By Gesi Molla (News Editor).
Students have long had access to only one printer upstairs in the library. For many students, this printer was far away from their classes and inefficient for use.
Now, because of an effort inspired by Mrs. Dennis’s public speaking class, a new printer has been placed on the elevator landing across from the front office, making printing more accessible for students school-wide.
To use the printer, students must connect their computers with the copier, known as “SHS_Elevator_Landing,” which can be done by following the following steps:
- Open “System Preferences” from the Apple Menu.
- Choose “Printers & Scanners” from the listed options.
- Click the “+” button on the bottom left of the “Printers” list.
- From the list that comes up, choose “PAPERCUT-SHS_Elevator-Landing.” You can find it more easily by searching the name in the search bar at the top right of the window.
- When the printer is selected, click the drop-down menu next to “Use” and choose “Generic PostScript Printer.”
- Click the add button.
- It may ask you for a username and password, in which case you should enter your SharonSchools login info that you use whenever you log into a school laptop or computer.
After this setup process, students will be able to use the printer whenever needed. At this time, however, students can only print on this machine, not make copies.
In order to facilitate the lunch process, the school has also implemented a new pre-order system for ordering deli sandwiches. Students can now have their meal prepared beforehand and waiting for them in the cafeteria, so they do not have to wait in line. To order, students can access the form on the Sharon High School website or at this website.
They then fill out the form, where they can choose the type of bread, meat, cheese, and toppings. Orders cost $3.25, unless specific additional ingredients are requested.
All orders must be submitted before 10:45 AM on the day they plan to purchase.